Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Recipe: Pasta Soup

I've had this pasta soup for like 5-6 years ever since my aunt let me try it. She will deliver it to me whenever she cooks it and i will eat them for like 3-4 days... lol..
Since i have an induction cooker now, I am making it myself instead of asking my aunt to deliver to me.

Here is the recipe. (Its fairly easy and use minimum utensils.)

Ingredients:
1 Chicken Breast. (Preferably with skin.)
1 Chicken Carcass (Thats what Cold Storage call it. Chinese call it 鸡壳 - Chicken Shell. Ask ur mum. She would know.)
2 cubes of Chicken Stock
1 can of Button Mushroom, sliced. (Have yet to try it with fresh ones.)
1 can of Ideal Evaporated Milk
1 can of Mushroom Soup
1 shredded carrot.
1 small cauliflower sliced into tiny pieces
1 diced garlic. (Not one pulp... oh what did u call it? I mean the whole thing... )
Cheese (I use 2 slices of cheddar cheese)


Method:
1. Fry garlic with a little butter in a huge pot. add in cauliflowers,carrots and button mushromos and fry till fragant. Take out thegarlic and veges and leave the oil in it.
2. Without washing the pot, boil Chicken Breast and Carcass with as little water as possible. This will make the soup even more tastier.
3. Remove the chicken breast once its cook and peel it into small little chicken shreds. Ignore the carcass first and let it simmer for a little while.
3. After the chicken soup is ready, put in Chicken Cubes, Mushroom Soup and leave it to boil.
4. After the liquid comes to a boil, put in veges, garlics, and the shredded chicken and boil again till veges turn soft.
5. Put in evaporated milk and cheese slices till the cheese melts. do not put in the evaporated milk first as it will have a lot of bubbles if u boil them for too long.
6. Turn off fire and ready to serve with cook pasta.

For the pasta, I use spirals or shells... easier to eat with just a spoon. The texture of the soup should be around the texture of the evaporated milk.

Alternatively, substitue chicken carcass with chicken breast but give the extra chicken breast to your dog... HAHA!

I do not use salt as the almost everything in the ingredients is salty.

Store the soup separately and freeze it. It can be kept for up to 2 weeks.

0 comments: